Saturday, October 13, 2012

A Travel Quiz


A: Age you made your first international trip
I’m ashamed to admit it was a mere two years and six months ago.
B: Best (foreign) beer you’ve had and where
I’ve only ever had Fosters - in London no less. I’m not a big fan of drinking when I’m alone.
C: Cuisine (Favorite)
I’m a bit fan of Pret A Manger & French baked goods.
D: Destinations. Favourite. Least Favourite. Why?
Favorite: London. Ugh I fell in love two years ago and there’s nothing I can do about it.
Least: Paris or Sydney.
E: Event you experienced that made you say ‘Wow’:
On a rainy night in London - my first international trip - my hotel was a couple of blocks from Parliament and the Eye so I took an evening stroll. I was sitting across from Big Ben. It chimed 10PM and the crowds had diminished. A thin fog had set and from the bridge a lone bagpiper played the saddest song I’ve ever heard. 
F: Favourite mode of transportation?
I love the Tube. I hate the RER.
G: Greatest feeling while traveling?
Arriving at the hotel after the guaranteed mess that is airports and getting from them.
H: Hottest place you’ve ever travelled?
Clifton Beach, AU. The added humidity made it death.
I: Incredible service you’ve experienced and where?
When I checked into my serviced apartment just outside of Cairns, the owner Craig was incredible. He was classic Australian - very tan, Hawaiian shirt, no shoes - and so so knowledgeable. 
J: Journey that took you the longest?
Seattle - Philadelphia - Frankfurt - Nice. I was supposed to arrive in Nice at 2:30PM, but I arrived at 9PM. It was more hellish than it sounds.  
K: Keepsake from your travels?
I buy my sister a pen. 
L: Let down sight. Why and where?
Sydney. It was so less impressive than I had been lead to believe. Although I think it might have been aided by the fact that I had just spent a week in freaking Clifton Beach which is amazing. 
M: Moment where you fell in love with travel?
I’m not sure - I’ve been traveling since I was a baby.
N: Nicest hotel you’ve stayed in?
It’s changed hands several times now, but was called City Inn Westminster. It is next door to Burberry HQ in London.
O: Obsession. What are you obsessed with taking pictures of while traveling?
The architecture.
P: Passport stamps. How many and from where?
Germany
London
Australia
France
London
Ireland
Germany
Q: Quirkiest attraction you’ve visited and where?
I tend not to go to many things. I’d have to say Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
R: Recommended sight, event, or experience?
The National Parks on the West Coast of the United States. The Hoh Rainforest in Washington State is incredible. 
S: Splurge. Something you have no problem forking over for while traveling?
A hotel with an airport shuttle. And coffee.
T: Touristy thing you’ve done?
Going to Disney parks - especially Euro Disney.
U: Unforgettable travel memory?
When I was freshly arrived in Ireland, a very kind old lady came up to me and told me about her upcoming trip to the Arctic Circle and help me find the airport shuttle. Also when I was flying home from Australia I had a window seat and one of the most amazing views of the night sky I have ever seen. 
V: Visas. How many of them and for where?
Only one - Australia.
W: Wine, best glass while traveling and where?
I don’t drink wine.
X: eXcellent view and from where?
The Kuranda train, TGV train from Nice - Paris. The landscape changes so much so quickly. 
Y: Years spent traveling?
21.
Z: Zealous sports fans and where?
I once ignorantly wandered into Hyde Park during a huge sporting event. I don’t even know what it was for, but they were mighty passionate.

No comments:

Post a Comment